cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM problems - abroad

megangpb
Tuning in

Hi! I'm in Portugal until summer and got a text saying that SIM needed to be upgraded for 5G purposes. Thought we could delay sim migration, wasn't possible so the SIM was posted out to me. In the meantime so I had a phone number abroad, changed to a company with a eSIM. No contract so I have a PAC number from the company and I want to transition back to Virgin, preferably without sending a new SIM our OR losing my number (I'm very scared of this happening and want this sorted ASAP). Any help appreciated!! 

6 REPLIES 6

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi megangpb,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

Sorry for any issues faced with this.

For clarification, do you still have an existing SIM with us?

Let us know,

Kain

The sim stopped working because the letter was sent on the 28/02/22 and my sim stopped working after 14 days from that day. I've just changed over the sim but haven't thrown the other one away but haven't been prompted to enter any of the details from the new SIM. One possible solution is to "Add Data Plan" under mobile data in my phone but there must be an easier way. I really don't to lose my number!!

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @megangpb

Thanks for posting on our community forum

If you have an active deal with ourselves and a PAC number from another provider, I can get this sorted for you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Brilliant, what information do I need to give you? Do I need to do it privately or on this board?

Thank you so much, this sounds like you can sort it out

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @megangpb

Thanks for the reply

I'll drop you a private message now, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @megangpb

My apologies for the inconvenience, to process a PAC switchover we would only be able to do this with the account holder. We would need the account holder to contact us on 789 or 0345 600 0789 and our team will get this sorted

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team