cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM in the UK - and I'm overseas D-:

ANLIHA
Tuning in

Hi

My new SIM has been posted to my home in the UK while I'm away in Europe for at least another month.  I don't want a disruption to my service, so need to swap the SIM ASAP.  My flatmate can send the new SIM to me, but can it be activated overseas? If not, can my flatmate activate the SIM in the UK (on another phone) and then send me the SIM so that it then works on my phone?

Many thanks!

A

15 REPLIES 15

Thank you again, Martin, for your help.

What would you say, should I use option 1 or 2?  Is there any point or advantage in using option 1?

Many thanks!

If you would like I can private message you on here and take some information and active the SIM card now. 

^Martin

Hi Martin,

If you're able to activate the SIM for me so the gap I'd have to be offline (while the SIM is being posted to me) would be shortened, then please do send me a private message.

I cannot confirm that. Once I have active the new SIM the old one would be turned off. When is your friend looking to send the SIM card to you?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

The SIM is in a UK phone now. Getting a message "can't connect". If that because it needs to be activated or what do I need to do?

Thanks again!

Thanks for coming back to us ANLIHA,

I'll seek to take some information from you and ensure that the SIM is fully activated on our side.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn