cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM card being sent to wrong address

some_random_dud
Joining in

Hi!

Virgin media sent me a text earlier saying that a new SIM is being sent to me, and that my current SIM will be activated in 14 days. Unfortunately I no longer live at this address, so this is a bit of a problem. Is there a way I can get a new SIM sent to my new address?

Another issue is that I can't ring the Virgin Mobile helpline, so I'm having to ask on here 🙂 I'm hoping the new SIM will help with this, once I eventually get one

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @some_random_dud
Welcome to the community!
Sorry to hear that you're SIM has been sent to the wrong address. Please join me on private message so we can locate the account and look into this further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @some_random_dud
Welcome to the community!
Sorry to hear that you're SIM has been sent to the wrong address. Please join me on private message so we can locate the account and look into this further. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on private message @some_random_dud.

If you have any further issues or concern please do not hesitate to get back in touch. Remember to activate your new SIM as soon as you can, you can follow the steps here if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hello, 
I have the same issue as above- I have been informed I have been sent a new SIM, but that it is not going to the address I live at. 
Could we discuss how to rectify this please?

Thanks, 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Phone_User1, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Of course - don't worry, it's something we can help out with 🙂 I will send you over a private message to confirm some details. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.

Hello,

im also having the same issue as above. I’ve had an email and text saying my new sim has been delivered but I no longer live at that address

hope someone can help 🙂

Hi Elle99_

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear you're also having this issue. 

Don't worry, I'd love to help so will pop you a PM now 🙂

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Elle99_
Joining in

Hi, I posted on here earlier today to say I was having the same problem as above but I’ve not had a reply from anyone in 7 hours

Hope someone can help 🙂

Hi @Elle99_

Sorry, I've just picked up your message now and responded.

Please note, the Community Forums is not instant messaging so a short delay can be expected. We aim to respond within 48 hours if not sooner.

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks for your time via PM @Elle99_

I have requested a replacement SIM now to the new address and you will receive this within 3-5 days. 

Instructions will arrive with the SIM card, confirming how to complete the self-activation- please ensure this is done within 31 days. 

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team