Menu
danieltj
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New SIM, can’t receive calls or texts

I recently got a new SIM card as I switched plan/contract. The new sim (purple if that matters?) is in my phone now and I can call other people, but they can’t call or text me.

Please can someone advise on how to fix this? I’ve done some searching via Google but can’t seem to find anything that helps.

0 Kudos
danieltj
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM, can’t receive calls or texts

Just a quick update, I rang 789 last night and they said they needed to activate it and that they did and will take until Monday to complete.

Can someone from the forum team verify this because I need to be able to receive calls and texts!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi danieltj, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've had some trouble with the activation of your new SIM.

SIM activation usually wouldn't take more than 24hrs - rebooting your handset may help speed the process up somewhat.

We can certainly look into this for you if you need further confirmation. I'll send you a PM to get some details & will look forward to your reply.

Cheers,

Tom_F 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
danieltj
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I’ve replied to your message. 

0 Kudos
danieltj
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Any update to this? When I rang 789 they said it’d be activated by lunchtime today but I’ve already gone the entire weekend without service. I need to be able to call & text by now. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos