£**.**

Tariff Double Data

Effective: 9th Nov 2019 to 31st Dec 2099

£0.00

£2 Tariff Discount

Effective: 9th Nov 2019 to 31st Dec 2099

- £2.03

*Details direct from my account overview

I'm eligible for a new phone but I have been told I can't keep my plan even though it is effective until 31st 2099.

Was I missold my contract?

Virgin... Can you comment because I was told I could keep my plan when I called but I'd never get a new phone? They were quite happy to let me get a phone from someone else

12 REPLIES 12

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin have discontinued 30 day plans and as they sell their phones with contracts these days.

The answer is get the phone elsewhere. Virgin phones are overpriced. I saved £240 over 2 years doing that

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Tonyape,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. 

In regards to your enquiry, as mentioned by @enlli, we tend to sell our phone with a fix term contract. Just to clarify, were you given a reason for why you could not get a new phone with your current plan? As in most cases, this may be due to your credit rating or that the particular phone can not be sold with a rolling contract. What was discussed during the call?

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey,

I asked about upgrading my phone and that I wanted to keep the same call plan etc, but was told basically I have to have a new plan if I wanted a new phone. I explained my current plan but was told that's not on offer anymore. They said I could keep my plan but I could upgrade my phone.

Thank you for letting me know @Tonyape.

Rolling mobile contracts are no longer offered by our team. However, customers who still have rolling contracts are still allowed to keep them until they are ready to change their contract. Adding a mobile device to the plan would result in the rolling contract being changed to a fixed-term contract as it would initiate a new contract.

Did our team further expand on what upgrades you can make to your phone with your current plan?

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

I was told I could not make any upgrade while I continue my current plan.
They offered me some deals (Even though I told them I don't need 100Gb) but said I could not ever get a new phone with Virgin and keep my current plan.
I'm sorry but if you tell me I have a deal effective until 2099, I expect you to honour that.
There were no conditions mentioned when I was offered the deal, so I am feeling quite cheated right now.
Missold

I used to be happy with Virgin Mobile, but today that Ended.

We hate to see you feel this way @Tonyape

I can confirm these are the current deals our team has to offer in regards to your mobile query. If you wish to get a new phone through us, our new phone deals do come with new tariffs such as a fixed-term contract. There are also no sim-free mobile phones we can offer at this time in order for you to keep your current tariff and get a new device.

This means you can remain on the rolling contract and buy a phone elsewhere as long as the device is unlocked or you can join a new mobile deal with our sales and retentions team on 0345 454 1111.

How would you like to proceed?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In all honesty what deal is going to last another 78 years! By then there will be no Virgin Mobile and telecoms will be in a much different place. 

For the moment you can keep your tariff provided you source your handset elsewhere. I have done that for the last 15 years as it gives me greater freedom by not being tied in to one supplier. At the moment I am using two different networks from the same phone. In the long run it works out cheaper too. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@enlli I hear what you are saying, but when you are sold something on the condition of it being a '' Life-Long'' deal.

You kinda think it would be a little more than 2 years, thankfully I'm still alive. More than you say for Virgin's Customer Loyalty

More Fool Me I Guess. Just never expected to be lied to and missold a False deal.

I will take time to ponder what to do next.

In the meantime, I shall keep searching t'interweb for these elusive £250 cheaper iPhone 12s 😉

I shall browse what other deals are available. And contemplate my next move. I shan't be bullied into signing up for a new phone like your sales team tried to.

I May as well look for the other members of my family too.

My wife needs a new phone as well, and she is utterly fed up with the constant bombardments of phone calls from your so-called Customer Service people