cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New O2 sim

Violetbunny1
Joining in

I’ve changed my package and received an O2 sim as part of that. If I switch the sim into my phone will I end up still paying for the old SIM card? I’m just kind of confused as their is the option to switch to your current number but I don’t want to end up paying for both. 

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you get a PAC code off Virgin and give it to O2 your number will move across and you Virgin phone account will close.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Migration-amp-porting-into-O2/m-p/1236062#M31218

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Violetbunny1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

Have you tried to obtain your pac as enli suggested?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

The thing is I got the o2 sum from virgin media which is what is confusing me! 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For a while yet O2 accounts and Virgin accounts run separately. So you still need to go through the PAC proceedure

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you to @enlli for their advise and for clarifying this for us, have you since been able to request the PAC to move the number across @Violetbunny1?

Thanks again

freeair
On our wavelength
When Virgin switch customers over to a Volt package, and therefore O2, why don't they automatically port their Virgin over or at least give an easy online option to keep their virgin number or a new O2 number? I would imagine most would prefer to keep their existing virgin number.
I have had a lot of trouble migrating my Virgin number to my O2 sim, in fact my Virgin number has still not migrated over.
Speaking to an Virgin advisor, with a strong accent and over a poor connection, today I think it is going to take at least 24 hours for my number to change

Hi Freeair,

Thanks for joining in on this thread about switching from Virgin Mobile over to O2, I am sorry you're a little frustrated with how the process is at the moment. 

I have some further information here about moving over from ourselves to O2 via the Volt process 👉 Keeping Your Number With Volt 

I believe it'll help explain the process and answer any questions you have 🙂

Please let us know how it goes over the next 24 hours.

Thanks,

Megan_L