cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account - Unable to Disable Parental Controls

scoobyroo
Just joined

I am unable to access Nvidia forums (PC graphics cards - not quite sure why this is blocked - lol) and various sites such as the National Lottery while on 4G. 

I have logged into my account and tried to switch Parental Controls off via the "Manage Services" section, but keep getting "There has been a problem completing your request, please try again later" message after I confirm my details (age tick box, etc...).

Same message for five days so far...  any ideas?  Back to EE? 🐵

11 REPLIES 11

Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Scoobyroo, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I do apologise you're having some issues removing the content control on your services and for the delay in getting back to you. 

We'd need to have a closer look at your account and see what is causing this, the restrictions are based on your age and a check is ran through the details set up for credit scoring (a hard credit check isn't done). 

So I can help I'll need to pop you a personal message and grab some more details. I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi, I am also experiencing this issue

Hi Patcher, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your parked order looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. Can you confirm if this is in regards to your mobile service and not your Media parental controls please? 

Thanks, 

Megan_L

every time I go to remove parental controls the service could not be completed, and the controls remain on. Can someone help?

My mobile account,

Thanks!

Thanks for coming back to us @patcher, I'd be happy to look into this for you.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I've just been sent to WhatsApp as i can toggle my parental settings s. It states they are off but nothing has changed. But now it says di want to go over to WhatsApp. We are already in it!!!! 

Hello Copper67

Sorry to hear this 

Are you unable to access specific sites on all devices whilst connected to our Wifi

Do you have the Hub in modem mode with a 3rd party router set up 

Gareth_L

Its my mobile that is the issue. I can go onto any site at home just not when im out. Its the mibile service thats blocking me