Menu
pbarrett
On our wavelength
Message 51 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Re: New 4G SIM, But No Data Connection

I have the same problem. Been onto customer services a few times and can't be bothered anymore.if somebody from VM wants to pm me, please do so. My apn settings are correct and everything is switched on. I think I need a new sim, as been like it since I moved from 3g PAYG to 4g contract
0 Kudos
Exorcist74
On our wavelength
Message 52 of 98
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem.. Phone VM and spoke to a nice lady who said there was a fault with the sim's card so she said she send a new one out .. receive it 2day later put it in my phone  and this worked perfect, this was 5days ago..  so phone VM and ask them for a new card.....

0 Kudos
pbarrett
On our wavelength
Message 53 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Yeah. Will do. It must be that. If it works, I'll post back.
0 Kudos
pbarrett
On our wavelength
Message 54 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Oh well. New Sim activated and still no mobile data. IPhone 5s. Any other ideas everybody. Everything is configured. No wonder I prefer Sony Androids.
0 Kudos
grahamking
Up to speed
Message 55 of 98
Flag for a moderator

I had this problem last year when I switched to a 4G plan.  If I remember rightly, they fobbed me off a bit over the phone, but I posted on here about it and got a member of a seemingly very capable team call me that evening and fixed it literally within about 10 minutes.  I think they reset my data connection at their end or something (can’t claim to know all the ins and outs!).

Hope it gets fixed soon.

Exorcist74
On our wavelength
Message 56 of 98
Flag for a moderator

can you post your access point name settings so I can check them against my settings for you
0 Kudos
pbarrett
On our wavelength
Message 57 of 98
Flag for a moderator

I will do later, but from memory it's set to goto.virginmobile.uk. I've also checked against another iPhone and it seems to be the same.
0 Kudos
Exorcist74
On our wavelength
Message 58 of 98
Flag for a moderator

here is mine   Android 4.0.4  but the settings should be the same  Smiley HappyAPN_20**:**:**:**:**:**.jpgAPN _20**:**:**:**:**:**.jpg

0 Kudos
pbarrett
On our wavelength
Message 59 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. IPhone pages are slightly different, but the settings that are there, are the same. The quest continues... :-(
0 Kudos
pbarrett
On our wavelength
Message 60 of 98
Flag for a moderator

I have finally managed to get the mobile data working on my sons iPhone. It was something to do with the Onavo data monitor profile. I removed the profile, but kept the app on the phone with it running.

All sorted now. Thanks for all assistance given. Lesson learnt 🙄☺️

0 Kudos