Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 31 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Re: New 4G SIM, But No Data Connection

Hi Assassin,

I'm sorry that this issue is still ongoing. We are aware of the issue with the 4G connection issue with the Blackberry 10 compatible device and this has been escalated. Currently our technicians are working with Blackberry to resolve the problem. We apologise for the delay in getting this issue fixed and for the inconvenience this causes.

I'll be back in touch as soon as I have an update on this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
Schpengle
Tuning in
Message 32 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

I see this is still ongoing, which is kind of good. I haven't posted any more due to the fact that:-

Ive been in Somerset ( Somerton, Glastonbury etc) and near Southampton and Taunton and the signal coverage was, in a nutshell. crap. I have had no Internet at all, and barely any Voice signal in Petersfield. The phone was useless and I had to run on my old Tesco Sim in a simple back up phone, just to make calls. That has no internet so I was unable to even follow this thread!  Then, last night, in Somerton, miraculously, the signal suddenly developed to H! wow! The same for my friends son who I am visiting. 3 Virgin phones in this house of *excellent Coverage* and none of us even got 3G until last night!  Those two phones are standard Android devices.

So, in short, this is less than impressive, I've just had my second monthly bill from Virgin, despite the fact that I still haven't had 4G, have barely any data signal anywhere else I go, not even voice and so STILL NEED my Tesco phone as I cant rely on this one. Hence I can't even risk migrating my previous number over to Virgin as I cant trust it to actually work anywhere I go! and, I can be pretty certain I wont be able to access the Internet.

And that was with Android devices too.

Anyway! as an aside and of some constructive input, I have just realised (well, a few weeks ago, but, as stated, couldnt access the Internet to post) that my Blackberry Z10, as well as H symbol in top right corner , ALSO, shows the *Blackberry Services* symbol - that is, the device itself thinks it is connected to a Blackberry Services Server. Which it isn't and, well these devices dont actually USE the Blackberry Services servers (and its NOT connected to one - I think!) so, there you go. A bit of a *Truth or Dare* session, a gripe, some whining and then something constructive !( about my broken service. er. )

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 33 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

I've checked back on this and there's been no updated status on the Blackberry 10 issue except that we are still working on this.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this causes and for the delay in resolving this problem for you.

Thank you,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
RacyJace
Just joined
Message 34 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Just discovered this 4g issue on my wife's passport after both taking up a SIM deal. My oneplus 3t is fine and actually has great reception and 10-35mb internet.
0 Kudos
Schpengle
Tuning in
Message 35 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Well, as much as I'd like to continue the conversation about Virgin's poor data service I cant because.... I have now been..... disconnected!!!!!

I am away on a show, in West wales, We use Paypal here, via my phone to accept payments for our transactions but... VIrgin have NOW,

*accidentally* disconnected me and cancelled my order!!! Really! I took over £300 last weekend on a show, this week, I have been disconnected!

Ok enough of the crap, this Virgin service is the worst mobile I have ever used! EVER!  I found this out after being unable to connect to Virgin for 3 days. In desperation I used the *replacement* SIM they sent as a solution to the lack of 4G data - which of course I never used as that excuse is utter balloney and everyone who received a replacement SIM, continued to experience exactly the same problem.
I was unable to contact Virgin as , my phone no longer works! I STILL have to have my Tesco Phone sim with me everywhere I go as the service is
CRAP! And now after getting through on my TESCO SIM (O2) I was informed by mobile services that I was one of *a very few* that was disconnected.
By *Accident* ! I asked if it was because I was on a Blackberry and I was told *NO*.
ANd then to *Have a NIce Weekend*

Well, maybe if i wasnt a trader over at the
http://www.thewestwaleswellbeingshow.co.uk/

So, Nice on Virgin. You fail to deliver the promised service, you loose me business, and then tell me to *have a nice weekend*
well,  Virgin, Ive had enough!

Back to Tesco for me and upgrade my package.

and if you want more info, ANy forum team member here, PM me (as no one as yet) and I Will Supply my number.
this really is crap. They have to gall to charge us, fail to supply, then disconnect us and I was told to *try again on Monday or Tuesday*
Fantastically crap crap crap.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Schpengle
Tuning in
Message 36 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Oh! and this was after I recieved a call from someone purporting to be from VM, offering me to *save me money after looking at my Data usage* and that since I had been with them *for quite some time now*
ER, I said NO I haven't, not even 3 months, they then asked for my name and first line of my address to confirm who I was.

I said NO! it doenst work like that,
I CALL YOU.... and then you CONFIRM who I AM.

they sad that they see I *didnt understand the process and to not be suprised if my bill is different next time*

well yep!

It had better be different!
NO 4G Data for 3 months and NOW DISSCONNECTED!
on a show! where I use the DATA for *Paypal Here*
Transactions.

Utter buffoons!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 37 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Hi Schpengle,

I'm sorry to hear that your services have been disconnected. The Forum Team are unable to re-connect services, you will need to call in on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone).

The issue with Blackberrys connecting to 4G is still ongoing. I checked on this Friday and the latest update is that we are still working on this.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Schpengle
Tuning in
Message 38 of 98
Flag for a moderator

There you go! as you can see, my Virgin number is apparently, NOT, anymore!

I called the number, they have no idea, the call centre say *they are still waiting for Virgin to get back to them*... ?
Eh? I thought they WERE Virgin.

So, now, I cant view my account, I can see the non existent PAYG phone number of the SIM I never had (or requested) I cant edit it, I cant turn off Parental controls - which are now back on, once the SIM randomly activated once more, But HEY! I cant connect to the Internet once more (without 4G of course) in order to get the run around from online chat support and hunting the elusive non-existent complaint form.

The call centre cant view my records as they are all *greyed out* he said and they can do nothing.

SO I cant find out what happened to my phone account prior to and over the entire weekend, but he did say I wasnt alone.

The BIlling department however is working just fine! 
And have sent me the 2nd bill.
not bad since I only signed up on February 7th, their billing department seems to work flawlessly (at taking money, not refunding)

So, as well as not having 4G I now have to find out about what has happened to my account and those of the others who were disconnected

SO, if anyone else has had thier accounts deleted on Virgin, with or without a Blackberry, please let me know.

2017-04-11-deleted-number.jpg

0 Kudos
Schpengle
Tuning in
Message 39 of 98
Flag for a moderator

2017-04-11-deleted-number-2.jpg

And there you go. That is what it looks like, edited, since some forum mod deleted the original picture with my phone number in it.

This really is an auspicious first 2 months with Virgin.

0 Kudos
Gambo51
Joining in
Message 40 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Put a new 4G Sim in my Samsung Galaxy S5 and get no mobile data.

I see it's been an ongoing problem since the release in 2016 and still is in June 2017.

Phone 789 and switched a few things round, as per the 'expert's' instructions, with no improvement.

She promised to call back 15 minutes later on my landline as there are some settings that can't be changed during a call.

Still waiting for my call-back, an hour later!

0 Kudos