cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network switch, phone not working.

Dmwpep
Tuning in

Virgin have switched my phone network and in the area i live in the new networks are unacceptable, can someone please contact me about ending my contract please?

25 REPLIES 25

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear you're struggling to get in touch with us on the phone. As you are receiving the 'Refreshing SIM data' message,

Please can you try going to: Settings _ Connections _ Mobile Networks _ Access Point Names.

Got to the three dots at the top and choose Reset to Default.

As the coverage cheker states the coverage is fine, have you also tried using your SIM in a different handset to rule out the possibility of a faulty handset?

Kind regards,

Serena

Please don't tell me coverage is fine, I'm sat here with 3g at home as expected and no signal at all in my workplace, this is not surprising, unless Vodafone are going to install more masts just where I need them no amount of restarting my phone or changing settings will fix this. As I explained before,  EE is simply the ONLY network that fulfills my needs, the single worst thing Virgin could have done to me is switch me off EE, perhaps not notifying me first is a close second. That's because I now have an unusable phone at my workplace for most of every day and no way of contacting the only people who can help me fix this. Hilarious really that they've closed the disconnections department, I bet they have, just so nobody can leave after being switched against their will. 

Thanks for your response @Dmwpep, if you would like to cancel the Sim card with Virgin Mobile, please give our team a call on 0345 600 0789 and we will be able to do this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

PM'd you. 

Is this something different to calling 789?

You can call on either 789 or 0345 600 0789 as they are both for the same team, just the 789 is used via Virgin SIM.

Rob