cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network switch, phone not working.

Dmwpep
Tuning in

Virgin have switched my phone network and in the area i live in the new networks are unacceptable, can someone please contact me about ending my contract please?

25 REPLIES 25

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't know when you moved to Virgin but the transition date to Vodafone was flagged in November 2019

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I understand you are there to do a job, but you can't possibly know my circumstances, trust me,  my phone does not work in my home and workplace on Vodafone,  I had one of their phones before and it was rubbish. No amount of coverage checkers is going to change that fact. I need my phone coverage back and the ONLY way that will happen is to switch back to the EE network. 

My phone stopped working today, it was OK yesterday. Flagged?? A message would have helped, I wouldn't have been left high and dry today. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dmwpep

So just to double check - this issue only started occurring today - was it recently you received your SIM card? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I didnt notice any problems yesterday although i spent most of the day on wifi. I remember seeing a few 'simcard refreshing data' messages through the day. 

Ive been on contract for around 2 years off the top of my head. 

No new sim.

Frustrating, this is the service I'm now paying for unless I'm on wifi.

Screenshot_20220110-170454_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20220110-170444_DuckDuckGo.jpg

We've tried to locate your account to look to see if a migration has taken place recently from the EE network to the Vodafone network but haven't been able to locate an account using your details. In order for us to do this we would need to send you a Private Message to keep your details secure.

Even after this we can't guarantee we'll be able to help resolve the issue but would have a better idea of what's happened. We wouldn't be able to revert you back to EE as the whole reason for the migration is to move customers to the Vodafone network.

If you wish to cancel you would need to speak to the team on 789 or 0345 600 0789 to discuss this further.

Rob

Thank you Rob, I'll have to phone them, Vodafone reception is unacceptable in my own home, 3g at best, and completely non existent at my workplace. 

Sorry to hear that Dmwpep, if you give the team a call on the number above they will be able to go over this with you and if needed issue you a PAC for your number and arrange the closure.

Rob

If only it was that easy,  I phoned up and funnily enough 'we've had to close the department you require'

Currently trying and failing to get through to a human on whatsapp 😞😞😞