cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network switch, phone not working.

Dmwpep
Tuning in

Virgin have switched my phone network and in the area i live in the new networks are unacceptable, can someone please contact me about ending my contract please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have switched you will be on Vodafone 

Coverage here

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

The team on here will not be able to deal with disconnections which need to go through 789

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

25 REPLIES 25

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have switched you will be on Vodafone 

Coverage here

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

The team on here will not be able to deal with disconnections which need to go through 789

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It's no good posting the link to the coverage checker, I've never used one of those that says anything but full coverage no matter where you are. I only joined Virgin to be specifically on the EE network, nothing else is acceptable for my needs, Virgin have now rendered my mobile useless for what I need it for, changing my contract without my knowledge, let alone consent.

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dmwpep

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Could you check the above coverage checker for me please?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ive never used a coverage checker that ever told the truth, they are a joke and do not reflect any real world experience  customers experience. 

Im posting this from a high spot in my area, with 2g, a soon as I move to the area I spend most of my days I will be out of signal, something which wasn't a problem with EE. Which was the whole point of joining Virgin.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This checker is fairly honest

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/en-gb/mobile-coverage

Hi @Dmwpep

Thanks for the reply

The coverage checkers certainly do work - do you experience the signal issues in other places outside of your property?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Im sorry if I sound angry,  but I am,  Virgin essentially cut off my phone in the areas I spend 90% of my life. 

And yes the checker says everything is fine and I'm imaging the lack of coverage in my workplace where I spend over 12hrs a day.