Menu
Keeldrum
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Network query

Hi, I have just changed my phone from a moto g5s to a blackberry keyONE. When I swapped over my virgin 4g sim I noticed I wasn't on 4g or any network. Managed to put in the apn settings manually and I get 4g now. 

When I checked my network connection I could not access virgin mobile as it is forbidden. I could however connect to EE. I now note I have virgin (current) and I can connect to it. Still cannot access virgin mobile. Do I require settings sent from virgin to my new phone? The virgin mobile app also seems to give different info re my data from my mobile account?

Would appreciate any help

Thanks

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Network query

Connecting to Virgin is the correct one 🙂

Not sure what the network called Vigin Mobile is, looks like it is forbidden for all of us?, maybe one of the Forum Team could find an answer for us.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
teabag
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Forgot to add, the App seems to be having trouble including promotional data at the moment  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Promotional-data-allowance/m-p/3903611#M132590

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
Keeldrum
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, appreciate the info. Managed to get the settings just need to get the Oreo update sorted. So far no luck. Blackberry have said it has been released for my model. Over to you Virgin. 

0 Kudos