cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network now Vodafone - Leaving Virgin Mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

A few days ago the network on my Virgin Mobile SIM was changed from EE to Vodafone.

Thought my phone was faulty at first. Re-started it a number of times. Until I realised. Of course I knew it was coming but had sort of forgotten.

No signal at home at all! So I can't make or receive calls or texts at home. When I'm out and about it sort of works but signal generally poor around here (East Sussex). I never get 4G even when I'm near a Vodafone tower at get a full signal. Sometimes get "H" or "H+" but never 4G.

So after being with Virgin Mobile since 2006 I'm leaving. Looked around: EE (which I need to stay with) is really expensive. Then realised that there are many other virtual operators that use EE. And they are cheaper!

So after some research have signed up for a SIM only deal (my phone is unlocked) with PlusNet Mobile (owned by BT), that uses EE (owned by BT) for their network - with more data, unlimited minutes and texts, 30 day contract - for less than I was paying with Virgin Mobile!

Bye bye Virgin Mobile, I expect I'm not the only one.

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Plusnet. No Voice over LTE, no WiFi Calling and positively no 5G. They are cheap for a reason.

In all changes of network there will be winners and losers. If I was with Virgin I would be a winner as EE is none existent at home where Vodafone is 4 bars 4G+

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JDT,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you're having after the change to the Vodafone network. 

I'm also sorry to hear you're leaving ourselves. We do hope that you reconsider joining us in the future. 

^Martin