Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network locked phone

i think VM are telling porkies or the agent is trying to get rid of the problem through lack of knowledge

if the phone came from VM then it is up to them to unlock it - apart from the phone shops i dont think anyone else can

so as painful as it is you need to go back to VM and try again - all help is offshore afaik - go through to the - thinking of leaving us people - they are usually more knowledgeable 

Tony
0 Kudos
aledm
Joining in
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

So basically Virgin Media have washed their hands of this issue insisting they can't do anything despite Samsung saying they can easily request an alternative code or provide an alternative method of resolving the issue.  The agent I am speaking too has even said they could fix the issue but it would cost them too much to do so.  Absolutely disgusted about this awful customer service.

0 Kudos
aledm
Joining in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I've kept a copy of the latest transcript where it starts with 'if you really did purchase this phone from us' states repairing the phone would be possible 'but at an expense to virgin media so not feasible' and then finishes by recommending I take it to a phone shop 'to be hacked and rooted because that is not illegal and is the only fix'.  Great customer service here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

this all sounds odd - if the phone is as it came from VM then it is down to them to unlock it regardless of cost

lets get VM back to look

@ModTeam can someone read this thread and comment please - as i say the whole thing makes no sense

Tony
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi aledm,

I'm sorry for the experience you've had up to now. I'm going to pop you a private message so I can take some details and have a look at the account 🙂

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
aledm
Joining in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have sent a further reply, not sure if you have received it.

0 Kudos
aledm
Joining in
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Well so for absolutely no help from Virgin Media with this at all, absolutely disgusting service.  I am in the process of taking legal advice about this and know of a number of other people who've had similar issues who are interested in taking action about this.  Hundreds of pounds on a phone basically wasted on a contract not worth the paper it was written on.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi aledm,

Very sorry for the delay in response. 

I am going to check in with Mel and see where we are up to with getting this resolved for you. 

I will pop you over a private message with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos