cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network down east ayrshire Again

Heather781
On our wavelength

Hi any idea why the network both Internet and mobile phone just went down in East ayrshire ka6 6ea area. Was online then nothing. My mobile is only showing H+  it did come up vol lite for 2 seconds then away again. Schools n college go back online tomorrow so I need to be able to use my data. Please help. Its not the sim card or the phone. 

27 REPLIES 27

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You beat me to it. 

The information you gave shows me you have been moved over to Vodafone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Heather781
On our wavelength

Thank you. It just says virgin, ee, 23432, 3uk, 02 uk. Because ee popped up in the listing, I remembered what you said last time. Do u know if there's anything I can do as theres no vodafone inside signal in my village. Really there's not much of a signal outside either. There's no 4g for data and no phone bars. I now don't no what to do. Calls have been dropping for the last few days or people phone and they can't hear anyone talking n hang up. I now have no data or WiFi so I can't even watch any TV.   I just give up. Virgin Why go with a company like Vodafone that doesnt cover most areas. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What handset do you have? It may be possible to use WiFi Calling at home (If your home broadband is working.

They had to move off EE as they are BT and a direct competitor to Virgin and EE were restricting access to 5G. Sadly the joint venture with O2 came two late and contacts were signed.

This is the problem with a Virtual network like Virgin, things can change dramatically.

In the long run you will have to change suppliers

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Heather781
On our wavelength

I don't have home broadband as I can't afford it. I just use the data from my phone for everything. I really don't know what I'm going to do now. I'm at someone's address to just type here. 

Heather781
On our wavelength

Thank you for all your help. I'm away to have a cuppa tea and maybe a biscuit. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Heather781,

I will send you a private message now, please look out for a plum envelope at the top right of your screen.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Still not resolved. You should have a reply envelope so please reply to it as I need help!

Sorry to hear this @Heather781.

Hayley will aim to get back to you via PM as soon as possible to help properly resolve this for you.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Heather781
On our wavelength

Well I'm still waiting nothing after yesterday this is a week now. I've already tried the new sim for Vodafone and funny enough theres still no vodafone signal in the no Vodafone area I live. I've not been able to watch anything. No Internet. No calls. Nothing. Was the sim supposed to magically make a Vodafone mast appear in the area? Virgin you've let your customers down!

Still not fixed. Still nothing about compensation that I asked for. I would like a complaints email or address as well.