cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network down east ayrshire Again

Heather781
On our wavelength

Hi any idea why the network both Internet and mobile phone just went down in East ayrshire ka6 6ea area. Was online then nothing. My mobile is only showing H+  it did come up vol lite for 2 seconds then away again. Schools n college go back online tomorrow so I need to be able to use my data. Please help. Its not the sim card or the phone. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check Vodafone. You may well have been moved off EE

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

Richw1982
Rising star

Looks like there's been a few sporadic power cuts around that area today

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Heather781,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having issues with services going down.

We want to best understand and help.

Just to confirm, are services still down as we speak? Is service down on both wired and wireless devices? Are other services affected? Have you also checked here for a local fault? virg.in/service In regards to your mobile, have you tried rebooting your device? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Heather781
On our wavelength

I've only got mobile phone. Which usually uses the ee mast close to me. Its both data Internet 4g and mobile network signal that's down. I looked early this morning at both 02 and ee mast and the status said they were fine. So if there's a problem only virgin or an actual ee customer can only say to them as you need an ee phone number to say to them. 

Sorry to hear this @Heather781. Are you experiencing this on multiple devices? Have you also tried an alternative sim card to see if the issue persists? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check Vodafone. You may well have been moved off EE

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Heather781
On our wavelength

Omg I hope they've not moved us off ee. There's no inside vodofone service in the area I live at. There no signal anywhere inside or out. It's not the sim. There seems to be lots in the area having problems with all services. Any idea when they moved to Vodafone.  If they have I now own just a brick useful for nothing.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Heather781,

Welcome back, sorry for your current mobile issues.

I was unable to find an account for you using your forums details.

Please can you tell me what network appears on your mobile data? Or your online account?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It just comes up virgin. But when I go to network ee now shows up in the list and virgin is also in the list where as before ee didn't show as it was the virgin one. Please say its not Vodafone. I'll then have to look for a new ee contract for my phone. Its been more bother than its worth. Is there a way to check or how do I check. Can't you look to see with my postcode on your system if there's any problems in the area. If its now vodaphone there's no Vodafone here. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Everyone is moving to Vodafone. It's been ongoing for a while and is due to finish shortly.

If you do a manual network search and list the networks you see I will be able to tell you.