Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Network coverage

there is no mobile coverage where I moved to, how can I get help or get status checked? When trying to do the service status, it is asking for an area code which I do not have so that seems to be a no-go.

help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network coverage

Could be a technical issue, but more likely poor network coverage.  Have a look here (remember to select "indoor").

At the moment VM's mobile network is actually provided by EE, but they recently signed a deal to move all of their customers to the Vodafone infrastructure (that hasn't yet happened, but will, and may or may not help you), and they've also separately announced a plan to merge VM with O2 (which if it gets approval will mean in some future year they'll use that network, meaning further change). 

So for Virgin Media mobile customers, a double helping of uncertainty.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Service status is here

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

But if it is a long term problem it may be you are in an area where signal is weak

Ofcom map will show coverage for EE but it does include 800MHZ 4G which is better indoors and which Virgin do not possess 

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/mobile-coverage

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There are no issues if the phone is used elsewhere, so must be the network coverage. Also checked the link you sent, it is showing excellent coverage - that is not true to say the least (the other phone in the household is with EE) Thank you for the info regarding the future, fingers crossed then!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Coverage maps are never accurate as they are computer generated. I should have excellent coverage on EE and 3. Nope! and the reason I'm on Vodafone.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon epal,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with the coverage in the new area you've moved to.

I'd be happy to look up your local area to see where the masts are located as well as the state of the masts. I'll also be able to see if there's anything blocking the service going to your property.

If you can also advise me if this is an issue only at home or in other areas 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi David_Bn

I have spent several days chatting to customer service but not got further as they tell me there is no issue in the area. However, locals tell me the mast belongs to O2 and used only for their network. There is no problem with signal if the phone is used elsewhere.  The postcode is EX17 4JX and appreciate if you are able to check for me.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have access to a couple of maps which show patchy signal on EE at that locality. Whether EE use 800Mhz in that area I would have to dig to find out, but that is academic as Virgin don't have access.

I note that 3 and Vodafone suffer too. 

I would say not much you can do. If your airtime is 30 day rolling moving to an O2 based network would be the best option 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As @enlli has advised above epal. 

Another thing to suggest in the time being, is your phone capable of using the WiFi calling feature? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos