cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network access in Guernsey

omnescient
Dialled in

My partner is in Guernsey for a week. She is unable to access a network, and cannot send or receive calls and texts, and mobile data is unavailable. She has roaming on and International call barring off. Is this a sim issue, or a location where a Virgin Mobile contract is a waste of time and space?

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Channel Isles and the Isle of Man seem to present particular problems to Virgin Mobile. I don't remember seeing a solution.

As roaming is not free male sure there is not a spending cap on the account 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks enlli - the only resolution I could see in previous similar threads involved buying a sim from a Guernsey telecoms shop.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Or in future pick a 30 day SIM up before you go. VOXI works and at present the C.I. are included in roam like home 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi omnescient, thanks for the mesage. I am sorry to hear that there is issues connecting to the network overseas. Can you check if the sim works in another handset, do a network search and check the network settings via the online account. If the roaming is showing as active there is is the same as what we check when you call. 

Please try the above and let us know the outcome. 

- Chris