cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to unlock iPhone

yclee
Joining in

I am a monthly contract user with Virgin mobile and have an iPhone 13 and I'm currently travelling abroad in Malaysia. I need to temporarily swap sims and use a local sim card here except that the phone is locked. The local carrier informed me that I needed to contact VM in order to have the phone unlocked. I have my IMEI number, how can I go about this? Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A mystery as the phone did not come from Virgin, and there is no way they would have locked it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello yclee

Thanks for your post 

I can see on your post you've mentioned this was replaced by what I can only assume is your bank insurance.

We would not hold any records of that phone as this was replaced by a 3rd party.

I would advise you best to contact the people who have replaced this for them to be able to help with unlocking your handset. 

Gareth_L

Thanks for the advice, yeah it sounds like the bank is my next course of action here. Unfortunately they're not particularly adept at dealing with this kind of scenario. Oh well, thanks anyway.

To unlock the iPhone, you need to go to a service center, and they can help you if you have some proof that the phone belongs to you. Mostly they require an IMEI number, and not all owners keep it. While I was sleeping, my girlfriend changed the password on my phone, and in the morning, I couldn't figure out what was wrong. It was laughable. But what was even funnier - my girlfriend also forgot the password