cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to email a summary

pascar
Tuning in

I am on holiday and  need the following letter to reach someone prepared to do something please. It just bounces back from email provided,  I have very limited internet now and my phone is now disconnected due this. ..thanks..

In response to your letter warning of potential suspension due to non payment 

A/C [removed]

Actually, I was informed last week that my service has already been suspended without notice which I found extremely inconvenient, including inability to contact you. so this 'notice' is late.

I have had 3 contradictory conversations with the call centre and completely lost confidence in their ability or desire to resolve a really simple issue which was caused by a mistake/glitch at your end.

If I can correspond in this email , I will forward the payment reference which the call operators inexplicably refused to receive.

My Bank has confirmed with me in writing that after the direct debit failed overnight they would have paid it during business hours but it was immediately cancelled by you.

They also confirmed that my 4 attempts to pay by debit card the same day  (card details held by you and an alternative number) were not declined but reverted by your payment provider due to a mistake in your database)

The payment was made, in full the next day with the correct reference via Faster Payments and they cannot recall it since it's complete and correct. If you supply them with a notice of non-receipt they will make a "best endeavours" attempt to recall the payment to my account.

Up to you..

1:/ I am not paying twice

2:/ I will not accept abusive and sarcastic calls telling me I am a liar.

3:/ It's clear that putting my account in "collection" 3 days after due date is not normal procedure when customer has advised of a suspected problem at your end (Subsequently admitted by future operator).

The day after the bill was due I made a courtesy call to check all was well since the online account was still showing payment due. I was advised by the operator to "raise a complaint"  to have a manager deal with the multiple problems I had noticed which would be addressed within 24/48 hours.

A promise which was never processed according to the next operator who I called  2 days later and who said "you can't have paid because Virgin does not have a bank account to use". The operator refused my request that they simply  look at the FAQ which clearly states the bank details and advises a 24 hour lead time for such payments."

My online virgin account message warning disappeared and looked normal so I assumed it was processed but 2 days later I took a call from the  "collections" department demanding I pay the bill and again  telling me I couldn't  pay by Bank transfer because "Virgin does not have a bank account facility regardless of what the website says" . She demanded I tell my bank to revert the payment myself  and to pay by debit card immediately. I said I will pay once I have my money back, since I followed your procedures and the error was on your side in telling customers to use a facility which doesn't exist. My bank confirmed that the receiving party of a payment would be the one to initiate return since all details were correct, unless they confirmed non receipt.

Your complaints department have however failed to even attempt contact despite multiple promises.

All I have want now is that you either allocate the funds to my account or that you return them and I will send you the final cheque. This is not unreasonable by any means, I can think of no other methodology to follow.

Needless to say , I am cancelling this account forthwith, effective since your improper suspension has now necessitated alternate provision and I found the  obtuse attitude of your operators deeply troubling and unnecessarily aggressive. I don't want to deal with you anymore.

Regards..

Hide quoted text

On Mon, 8 Aug 2022, 01:26 , <mail@virginmedia.co.uk> wrote:

• Date: 08/08/2022Reference No: HEM1Your Account Number: F Overdue Balance: £20.88Dear Mr. .... We're writing to let you know that we haven't received payment to cover your latest Virgin Mobile bill.It's important you make your payment as soon as possible, to avoid having your services suspended.The quickest and simplest way to pay is to go online, visit www.virginmobile.co.uk and sign into your account.If you have already registered your credit/debit card details, you can make a payment by texting the following information to 78922 (leaving a space between each one)1) Amount you would like to pay2) Last 4 digits of your card number3) Last 3 security digits (found on the back of your card)Alternatively, call us on 0845 077 1199 *0800 952 2025 and make a payment over the phone with your credit/debit card. Our opening hours are 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 5pm on Saturdays.Your terms and conditions state you must pay you account monthly by Direct Debit, so please ensure this is also reactivated when you make your payment.Kind regards,The Virgin Media Team*Please note standard charges apply, please check with your network operator for rates.Save Paper - Do you really need to print this e-mail?

This email contains information from Virgin Media and/or Telefonica UK Limited (O2) and may be confidential and legally privileged. Statements and opinions expressed in this email or any attachment may not represent either those of Virgin Media or Telefonica UK Limited. Any representations or commitments in this email or any attachment are subject to contract. The information in this email is intended solely for the attention of the addressee(s) and if you are not the intended recipient please delete it (including any attachment) from your system, and be aware that any disclosure, copying distribution or use of any of this information is not permitted.

If you are in receipt of a suspicious email or you have received an email in error from Virgin Media, please report it to www.virginmedia.com/netreport, or for Telefonica UK Limited (O2), please report it to www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security

Registered offices:

Virgin Media Limited, 500 Brook Drive, Reading, RG2 6UU. Registered in England and Wales: 2591237

Telefonica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX. Registered in England and Wales: 1743099

VMED O2 UK Limited, Griffin House, 161 Hammersmith Road, London, United Kingdom, W6 8BS. Registered in England and Wales: 12580944

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello pascar,

Thanks for your reply. 

As a rule we are not able to help with package/billing issues on our Community.

But due to trying all possible ways prior to posting on here and basically getting nowhere.

Id like to take a look into this for you as a one off exception.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi pascar,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the frustration you've had with your payments. 

I have taken a look on our side and it looks as though you have raised this with the team. 

What was the last update you were provided regarding this?

^Martin

Thanks for responding.

tried to call 2 times on Friday, but each time just as I had explained the issue , the phone disconnected. They told me services were barred at that point. The second operator tried to call me back which was nice but without success probably due to the bar and me being abroad.

As I said, if payment via bank account is no longer accepted by Virgin. Just send the funds back. I will use an alternate method to pay.

My contract term was over a long time ago and I have now decided not to take another extension so there is no contractual bar to cancellation on my end.

If you need the payment confirmation to track the payment please let me know an email to send it to.

I was twice given a complaints reference of c2907221252 is that even a real reference ??

Thankyou

Thank you for responding..

For some reason my reply post didn't go through...trying again .

I last spoke to someone on Thursday last week, I tried 3 times but each time the call was cut off after 3 to 4 minutes. I managed to find out the account had been barred/ cancelled by you and one operator kindly tried to call me back without success (I assume due to the barring )

None if them had any clue about my complaint

Reference c2907221252.Is this a real complaint ID?

Thank you

pascar
Tuning in

Thank you for responding..

•  

For some reason my reply post didn't go through...trying again from scratch 3rd attempt .

I last spoke to someone on Thursday last week, I tried 3 times but each time the call was cut off after 3 to 4 minutes. I managed to find out the account had been barred/ cancelled by you and one operator kindly tried to call me back without success (I assume due to the barring )

None if them had any clue about my complaint

Reference c2907221252.Is this a real complaint ID?

Thank you

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello pascar,

Thanks for your reply. 

As a rule we are not able to help with package/billing issues on our Community.

But due to trying all possible ways prior to posting on here and basically getting nowhere.

Id like to take a look into this for you as a one off exception.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks ,

Gareth confirmed - they have now processed my payment and accepted cancellation of the account.

All sorted now ,  provided the code works and the automated Baillif robots stop calling my phone.

Many thanks to Gareth for sorting this, if only original Virgin customer service could understand and at least try to sort such a simple issue without accusing me of being dishonest instead and fobbing me off with a completely fictitious "complaints" path that goes nowhere.

Regards

Hi again @pascar

Thank you for updating the public forum and we are so glad to see that this has now been resolved. 

We are so sorry that this has been your experience with us and we are so glad Gareth was able to help! 

Thanks again.