cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an eSim

koolclub
On our wavelength

Need an eSim for my new Pixel 7.
Been a VM & Mobile customer for longer than i can remember and have a Sim card but need to switch to eSim.
How can i go about it?

Thanks for any helpful information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

billyg051
On our wavelength

I think the only way you would be able to do it is if you rang Virgin and asked them if you can move your sim over to o2 (all part of the same company now, VM02)  Virgin Mobile is an MVNO so I don't think they offer sims

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

billyg051
On our wavelength

I think the only way you would be able to do it is if you rang Virgin and asked them if you can move your sim over to o2 (all part of the same company now, VM02)  Virgin Mobile is an MVNO so I don't think they offer sims

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin are not offering eSIM at the moment, pending customers being moved onto O2 accounts 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

koolclub
On our wavelength

****UPDATE****
I contacted Virgin Mobile through 789 on my handset. They picked up straight away with no waiting time whatsoever.
I eaxplained that i wanted an eSim for my handset Google Pixel 7 & the operator said that they are NOT offering eSim's at the moment, they were in 2022 but due to problems that they had now stopped. 😪
I asked that as i was on a monthly rolling contract could i terminate my Virgin Mobile account & go ahead & take out a contract with O2 who were offering eSim's and the operator asked me to wait a moment while he checked. 🤞
He then came back to me & said that he could provide me with eSim details but couldn't guarantee that it would work, also that it would render my physical sim unuseable and if it didn't work they would have to send me a new physical sim out in the post. I agreed to give it a try and he sent me eSim details & QR code immediately through email.
As i was using my handset & virgin sim on the call to them, he called me back on my landline to go through setup with me.
I went through set up on my handset for the 2nd eSim & scanned the QR code in the email & all worked straight away other than it needed activation (code in email) which i couldn't find where to enter it, but he activated it his end.
Restarted the phone & Boom 💥 mobile signal etc all working. Made a call & received a call while he waited on the phone to check all was working OK. 👍
Altogether very quick (about 15 minutes) & excellent service from the operator Nile.
So....it is possible to get an eSim from Virgin Mobile & saved me from carrying 2 handsets around.
Thanks Virgin Mobile. A happy customer. 🙏

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey koolclub, thank you for reaching out on our help forum about your eSIM enquiry.

We're sorry to hear you had issues getting an eSIM from us recently, however we're delighted to hear you've already spoken with our staff and managed to get your eSIM and set everything up in one call! 🙂

Please, feel free to get in touch in case you need more advice or if you have more questions.

We're here to advise further and support you where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs