cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need activation of new sim card

Exorcist74
Dialled in

Its me again.....  had my new sim card yesterday morning

enter the message to 789678 as stated using old sim, revised TXT message saying activation within 24hr, put the new sim in phone, still waiting for activation.. can you help

thank you

10 REPLIES 10

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Exorcist74,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am sorry to hear you're waiting on the activation of your new/replacement SIM card. Have the advised 24 hours passed? If so, can you try turning the handset off, and then leaving it off for at least 30 seconds before turning it back on again?

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes i turn it off all night, switch on @9am and just now disconnected for 2min, still nothing
I cant ring VM so thought of you 🙂
In the APN setting there is only VMMI listed but not selected,and I try it connected and disconnected..
Dave

Hi @Exorcist74,

Thank you for giving that a try, it's a shame to hear it hasn't helped. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take a few details and have a closer look at things.

Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zack... seen your reply buy no PM?? .... still nothing

Hi @Exorcist74,

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you check again now for me, please?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Exorcist74,

Thank you for reaching out via private message so that we could assist you with the activation of your SIM card. I'm glad that we were able to help resolve that problem for you.

If you're having problems with your mobile data following activation, would you mind running a speed test, waiting for it to end, and then sharing the results here?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

This the best of the reading....  I live 2 miles from sub station  line of sight

speedtest 2_n.jpg

Hi @Exorcist74,

I've checked the area at your home and a local mast is currently being worked on, which would explain why the service isn't as strong as expected. I do apologise, but we'll be doing what we can to get this resolved ASAP.

Are you experiencing issues in any other areas at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

i only try around my house, inside and out, the readings are about the same +- 1mgs with very very low upload speed .. as you said it must be the mast being service in my area, I will have hold out till it get repaired :(..

anyway Zack a big thank you for all your help, be safe........
Dave