cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO MOBILE SIGNAL!

Katiegolf
Tuning in

Is any one else having problems with mobile signal and found a resolution for it? I've not been able to receive or make a call for about 8 weeks now, very intermittent service - even when my phone does ring i answer but it just cuts off after a few seconds and i can't hear anyone on the line - or they can't hear me.

We all have virgin phones in the house and are all experiencing the same issues. We've been sent new sims to try a few weeks ago but still hasn't worked.

Postcode is RM16 4NS 

14 REPLIES 14

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Katiegolf, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

I am very sorry to hear everyone in your household is experiencing issues with their service. 

Is this only happening when you are in the property or does it happen everywhere? 

Thanks 

Nat

Its happening when I'm around my home area so at my house, my parents house, the local shops. Also certain areas outside my home area but not everywhere. We have been sent new sims to try, have reset network settings etc but nothing seems to be working. Having read some of the other messages and speaking to neighbours, it seems to be this area that its very poor phone and internet signal.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Poor 4G in your area

Screenshot_20220419-135041_Chrome.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OFCOM say you will struggle for 4G indoors

As 3G is being phased out I would suggest you need to plan out moving from Virgin

If possible (phone depending) you could try WiFi Calling 

Screenshot_20220419-135327_Chrome.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you Katiegolf.

I would like to take a look at your account from our side and also the notes from when this was previously reported.

To do this, I will just need to pop you over a private message to confirm some details.

I will send this over to the purple envelope on the top right of this page now.

Speak soon, 

Nat

Deanod70
Joining in

I am in the very same situation and have had a problem with mobile signal since 5G seems to have been on the scene. I  struggle to receive and make calls and can only access contacts via WhatsApp calls indoors( not through choice)  and can only view the internet on the very rare occasion when I am out.

I am also in the RM16 postcode area ( RM16 2DT) and can confirm that the rest of the family are also having the same difficulties although they are on O2 contracts. 

I would be grateful if this could be looked into as at the moment, we appear to be paying for a service that is not being provided. 

Hi @Deanod70

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message now to investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Again you are in a poor reception area for coverage. (I am too). All the members of our household have our WiFi Calling activated. Both O2 and Virgin offer this, so it is worth investigating 

BTW Vodafone and O2 use the same mast at your location 

Screenshot_20220420-083222_Chrome.jpg

cje85
Trouble shooter

O2 and Vodafone both share the same mast in that area. located at Chadwell Place, Chadwell Road, Chadwell St Mary, RM16 4EX. Coverage of both should be very similar, if not identical, although the O2 coverage checker predicts a better signal than Vodafone. Overall EE looks better in that area.