cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My number is "Temporarily Unavailable"

Happiest1
Joining in

I have a PAYG sim in a mobile phone that I use very rarely, with a small credit balance.  I check it now and then to make sure it is still active.  When I checked it last night, a recorded message said I could not make outbound calls from the phone and should contact customer service.  When I dial my number from another phone it says the number is temporarily unavailable.

I have called customer service but they WILL NOT  help me.  They repeatedly ask for a password - which I never set up for the account, as it has never been registered online.  They are not prepared to listen or try any other way to help me.

What can I do to get my account back?

9 REPLIES 9

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When did you last make a chargeable call or send a chargeable text?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I can't remember.  Usually I just check the balance.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The terms and conditions state you must make at least one chargeable call or send a chargeable text every 90 days.

In the past Virgin have been lenient but the decision has been taken to close down PAYG starting mid October, so the terms are being strictly applied.

As you have never created an account you can't pass security with 789. 

You can try creating one or wait till the team here gets to you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello Happiest1

Sorry to hear of the problems with your Pay As You Go SIM and account, we appreciate you raising this with us via the forums and welcome to the community.

As enlli has advised we are in the process of removing all Pay As You Go accounts by early 2022, from what you have described it would also be difficult to pass account security if the number has never been registered.

Depending on the credit balance and the number you're trying to call, this may prevent you from making calls. You should however still be able to receive calls regardless of the credit balance on the account. If sounds as though you don't use this SIM card much or at all really so it may not be possible to know how long this has been the case.

The Terms and Conditions can be found here for mobile accounts and Pay As You Go and explain the usage requirements.

Rob

The message I receive when I try to dial a number tells me to call customer services "to restore my account".  So how can this be achieved if the so-called "customer services" agents REFUSE to help me?

Thanks for coming back to us @Happiest1.

Have the customer services team asked you additional security questions as you can't confirm the memorable word that is on your account?

Regards,

Steven_L

Sadly, no.  They refuse to help in any way. 

Hello Happiest1

Sorry this is still ongoing 

I can have a look at this for you if you like 

I just need to tell you though it may not be possible to reactivate your Sim, as we have advised earlier on in the post 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Not helpful at all.