cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My contacts not showing when receiving calls

KG111
Joining in

Since switching to virgin and a new iPhone handset every time I receive a call from one of my contacts their iD is not showing, it just shows their number.

show caller Id is on but still nothing showing.

again contacted customer services but got absolutely nowhere.

anyone having similar issues?

cheers

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

iPhones and Virgin SIM cards don't get on well  Try this

Go to:

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications -> tap "Roaming" -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.
Tap manual -> then choose National.

Now make sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK region

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TheWeeBear
On our wavelength

Not sure if its the same problem as I have or not, but if I have VoLTE turned on, this happens, but when off, my contacts are named as normal when they call. So far I haven't been able to fix the problem.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TheWeeBear 

Have you tried the fix I outlined?

Sadly Virgin SIM cards and IPhones don't always play nicely together 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

TheWeeBear
On our wavelength

Hi enlli, my roaming settings show as always, international, in exceptions or never. Tried them all.

My phone is the Xiaomi Mi 10t lite 5G.

Thanks for your response.

More convenient just to have VoLTE turned off unfortunately. Lol

Actually if I remember correctly their numbers dont even show, just comes up unknown number.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Right. It's generally iPhones that have problems.

Unfortunately turning off VoLTE means your phone has to drop back to 3G to make and receive calls. Not good that you have a phone that uses the latest technology and it has to be turned off. Will be serious when 3G is closed down