cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Sim Card says "Unknown Number"

tallen65
Tuning in

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra last year with Virgin, transferred my sim card over, and on the phone, the sim card status says "Unknown Number".  It works fine, but would really like to have it show my number in the sim card manager.  

I have 2 x virgin mobile sims, and my secondary one shows all the details fine, but not my main one.

I've just changed my main sim card over to an eSim and still get the same problem.  It registers the network but not the mobile number.  Does anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it please?

8 REPLIES 8

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless the number is programmed into the SIM it will show Unknown Number. It also happens when a number has been ported over from another network replacing the original number. Nothing you can do.

Keep your numbers in your address book if you need to refer to them

Here is my eSIM on Vodafone

Screenshot_20211010-155543_Call settings.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tallen65 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

There's nothing our team can really add to the enlli's post, sorry.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi there,

Thanks so much for the prompt reply. Yes this number was ported over from another network when I got the new phone from Virgin last year.  I don't have a problem remembering the number, I just thought it was strange that it didn't show up in the sim card settings and that maybe there was some error with it.  

Thanks for the explanation - very helpful and worth remembering for future!

hz
On our wavelength
I was ported over and my mobile (Xiaomi device) allowed me to edit the sim card number which removed the status as unknown for me.

This may be an option for you tallen65, we'd recommend checking the manufacturer's website or support to see if this is possible for your Samsung Note 20 Ultra.

Rob

rayzor
On our wavelength

i had same problem a while back with duel sim phone

so i bought a iphone 4  put a sim in with sim adapter went in setting wrote number in saved sims now show with numbers

iphone 4   £7 pounds of ebay

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try that and see if they can help.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tallen65,

How did you get on with Rob's suggestion - is the number showing for you now?

Kind regards,

Serena