cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Partners phone wont connect to network

BrYTaC
Tuning in

There seems to be an ongoing problem with my partners mobile phone.

It started of first to be text messages not getting in or out this i managed to resolve via the guides on here that i found, APN settings. The problem that we now have is connection to the network for phone calls, i dont exactly know when this started off hand as when in the home her phone detects the wi fi system and connect with wifi call which i noticed when checking her system settings when she told me she was getting not registerd on network error or cant connect when out shopping.

I went to the mobile network settings, turned off the wifi call option and selected manual network selection, let it scan for available networks and selected virgin few times it came back cant connect try again later did so quite a few times same thing so came bk here looked through forums to see if others had same problem which they did so i went through post after post hoping to find the answer.

Some advised APN settings, well i knew it wasnt that having fixing the text message errors, but i rechecked all the same in case of errors which there wasnt.

Next step was the sim card, took it out checked it put it bk in same error. So then i put sim from another phone (friends virgin mobile) in n tried to call another phone (partners son) n it rang, thought ahhh got ya its ya sim. But then i thought well lets try the faulty looking sim in friends phone put it in called her sons phone it worked, made sure wifi calling hadnt come bk on which it hadnt.

.Which left final test of resetting factory settings to see if that sorts it out, saved everything off her phone n reset it all, bk into mobile network settings turned off wifi calling connected to network. Tried text first, that worked fine then i called her phone n it rang, yessss solved it, errr not so fast mr techguy only gave it back to her n few mins later same problem. walked bk into livingroom with it put it bk on the table n rang it again off goes her ring tone k i said lets tripple test it called it 3 times n on the third call i got a message bk stating the phone you are calling is switched off, errr no it aint as im looking at it. Went bk into mobile network setting tried to connect to network, unable to connect try again later. This was now starting to do my headin left it abit bout n hr or so called it again n it flippin rang. Took it to  her sons house n i said bet ya it bloody works, took it out called it n it rang, her son then called it n it rang.

Now i know what ya gonna say its a weak signal, well it cant be the real reason as im on virgin n its working fine (same house hense partner) also its now acting up in center of town where b4 this all started was working fine. Now awhile bk i had to have a replacement sim for my phone which the Mods on here found to be the case as i just couldnt connect atall n thus arranged the new sim to be sent out.

Plz can anyone help with this problem, She needs her phone for hospital appoinments as i do with mine. Oh and Yes i am the main account holder

Thnks in advance

Adrian

7 REPLIES 7

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BrYTaC thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear that your partner's phone service is currently unable to make or receive calls.  Do you know if you and your partner have been migrated to the new SIMS?  Or if one of you has and the other not?  As one may have a SIM on EE network and the other with Vodafone.  

However that would not explain why your partner's SIM works in another handset (as I understand it)  In the meantime do you have an alternative handset you could put the SIM in to monitor?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi thnx for the quick response. Neither of us have migrated to the new sim. My partners is the sim that came with the phone and mine was just a replacement sim which was ages go now. One thing i have noticed in her mobile settings its states 2g or 3g. Now looking at signal bars, its all over the place goes full to nothing in matter of seconds without us moving the phone about. I stood over it watchin it n i noticed a something flash above the bars n go off. Now what was that got another pair of glasses so i could magnify it n it showed 4g could this be the problem.

I have checked the coverage map n my area and its showing all signal strengths are excellent The only difference between our phones apart of make is the preferred network as looking at mine its stating 4g/3g/2g where as my partners shows 3g/2g. As to wether one of us is via EE or Vodaphone no idea as that states virgin..

As for free handset to monitor her sim i dont have that option as i need mine also for Hospitall,s n drs ect. as i suffer from Parkinsons disease.so phone calls to tech lines n call centers is a no go as i struggle at time to get my words out. Have no idea if the migration of sims to better network since virgin media merged with 02 (think it was them) i have no idea as no letters or e-mail stating so have come my way.

So with all that said would being migrated to the new sim u stated solve the problem?

If customers are being migrated to a new sim i would be gratefull if we both migrated then theres no why is yours workin n not mine conversations 

Thnks Adrian (BrYTaC)

We can certainly look into this Adrian.  I am going to send you a quick private message.

Regards

Lee

Any upates, requested account info was sent yesterday.

any update on the problem with my partners phone, requested info was sent friday.

Hi BrYTaC

I will respond to your PM.

Regards

Lee

Well we tryed but yeah def looks like handset.

She decided she want a different phone with all the probs this has had, so i have a question.

With her phone being on a 3yr contract can she switch to a more reliable phone such as mine which is a Huawei P smart? also keeping same number due to hospital appointments ect...