cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving network while still paying off a handset loan?

grahamking
Up to speed

Hi, I am in a 3 year contract, due to finish paying off my handset around November/December this year.  With the SIM plan paid separately form the handset, is it allowed for me to move to another network for a SIM only deal while continuing to pay off the handset loan monthly?  I have noticed a difference in my signal strength at home since Virgin's move to Vodafone network, which is proving to be a bit frustrating.  I don't want to incur any extra charges/penalties for moving, but am keen to know if I am free to do so or not.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Freestyle SIMs are usually on a 30 day term separate to the loan term, so it is possible to use a PAC to transfer your number without affecting your handset agreement.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Freestyle SIMs are usually on a 30 day term separate to the loan term, so it is possible to use a PAC to transfer your number without affecting your handset agreement.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @grahamking 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our community forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue, I'd be happy to take a look into this with you but it will require me to send you a PM. 

I'll do this now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.