Menu
Gleneagleshouse
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving house limited signal

I contacted virgin customer services immediately I visited the house I will be moving into shortly as whilst in the property I cannot receive and struggle to make basic voice calls.

i have a sim only deal(£9pm) and was abruptly told there was nothing I could do other than pay the remaining term of the contract and find another provider.

My question is if virgin can’t provide me with a usable service surely I should not be held responsible for the remaining payments of the contract.

advice welcomed.

many thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house limited signal

Hi there Gleneagleshouse, welcome to our forums.

Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that you will get an indoor signal at any property.

If you have signed up to the contract you will be liable for the remaining charges.

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
BeardedBlunder
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have no idea if this will be helpful or not, but you might want to seek legal (rather than Virgin Media's) advice.  Under English law, contracts are only enforceable if the terms are reasonable. A legal professional would be better placed than me to decide if requiring you to continue with this lack of service is something a judge would deem reasonable or not. Though I'm sure most people reading this will have their own private opinion.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BeardedBlunder
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Second possibility, if you get coverage outdoors, devices are available to boost the signal locally which could give you signal indoors too, google should turn some up, they're not horrendously expensive.

0 Kudos