cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to Virgin Mobile - DUAL SIM

asmetoma
Joining in

Hi, just moved across to Virgin Mobile as I have an iPhone 11 that had dual sim capability. I have a works phone as on call. How long do I have to wait before I can have my sim promoted to an eSIM so I can add my works physical sim and not have to carry 2 phones anymore when on call?

Thanks in advance all.

Andy 

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From what I've read you can request this through your online account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @asmetoma
Welcome to the community!
Unfortunate, we do not support eSIM's on Virgin Mobile as of 26th August 2021. Can you confirm you have been supplied with a physical SIM?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not sure if the information about not supporting Esims is correct. They were suspended till the move to Vodafone went through.

I reported that Esims were up and running again in February of this year. Since then several people on here have obtained an Esim via their account. I think it is in Plans and Services 

The message had not got through to agents then and it seems still not to have filterd through the system 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @enlli,

Thanks for responding. I will double check this with the team tomorrow and come back with an answer. Apologies if I have advised incorrectly. Once I have confirmation I will come back to the thread. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

eSIM successfully installed.