cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto X4 unreliable mobile data connection

webbew02
Joining in

Hi,

I have a basic 300mb SIM which I think gives me 3G service, however, when I try to connect to mobile data service it often displays 4G in the icon area.  However, when I try to connect to the Internet it says there's no internet connection.  Occasionally, it does successfully connect and then it displays H in the icon area.  What do I need to change to make the connection reliable?

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

H is 3G

Check the phone APN settings againt those in this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/APN-settings-for-data/td-p/3597569

Be aware that 3G in your area may have changed as in many places the bandwidth has been reduced to make way for better 4G and 5G.  The 3G services are due to close in the next 18 months

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Thanks for that, my settings are correct which is not surprising given that my phone works in 3G mode.  It makes me wonder whether my SIM contract is 3G only.  How do I check this?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will have to ring to find out, but I'd you go into your network' settings you can see what is selected in network types

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks