Menu
DaveCCTV
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Monthly Tariff Mobile Discount

Can they just do this? I have two mobiles on different tariffs but I have just received an email for VM stating that my mu#y monthly tariff is due to increase by £3.64 per month. In addition my lifetime monthly discount of £5 pm is also being remove i.e. £8.64 pm increase. I have had no joy with Cust Serv or the Retentions Team who state that they can just remove any discount whenever they want. I understand that it can be removed if I choose to change my plan, but I have not, they have chosen for me. I understand the 'general' increase, although not happy, but the discount !!! Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you. p.s. The tariff on the second phone has not been altered YET !!

0 Kudos
Keith9534
Dialled in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Monthly Tariff Mobile Discount

I`m in the same boat and have had loads of time wasted by 789 service handlers.

This morning Ive cancelled EVERYTHING with Virgin.

I`m mifffed that LIFETIME data multiplyers which made good contracts are now being taken away from people if you make use of them - Two contracts EXACTLY the same, where one is used well and is being withdrawn while one is being allowed to continue!

This is fair and square abuse of contract law

Waiting for my deadlock letter which I`m guessing will never arrive

0 Kudos
DaveCCTV
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Yes VERY frustrating and annoying. I've argued with them today stating that it makes a mockery of calling it 'lifetime' or at least stating that I will get it until 2099 !! It is obviously not worth it as isn't the loyalty of their customers. They suggested that I go online as there is a 'Flash Sale' on but when I look to upgrade, it states that there are no other plans that I can move to. It's a joke !

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

They don't help themselves in the confusion department when they don't say the lifetime discount is for the life of the contract and not the customer.. and then show a discount until the turn of the next Century!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi DaveCCTV,

We would attempt to find the right package and pricing for you, however we would also advise why the price was being changed. This may not be based on your account but the type of tariff you are on. We would advise this either by post or email. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Keith9534
Dialled in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Funnily enough if you wanted to call a contract to an end as you decided its lifetime was over, I`m fairly sure I know what the answer would be

They have lost any loyalty I had with them and I have now cancelled TV/Internet & home phone with them

I was once treated badly on an iphone which developed a fault and wasn`t repaired under warranty ( plus poor service ) - I had an email exchange with CS of TESCO where I pointed out how much per year I spent with them (£4,000 a year roughly). Since then ( 6 years ago ), we haven`t spent any money with them lol

DaveCCTV
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It is not particularly the price rise that I am objecting to, although it is a bit steep, but the removal of the lifetime discount and the change of package/tariff. I have not been consulted about this, just told that it is happening.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

We’re making a limited number of price changes for some mobile customers. If you’d like discuss this in more detail please speak to our customer care team on 789/0345 6000 789. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Keith9534
Dialled in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hetty_R

For me that almost borders on an insult.

I tried that and spent hours on the phone, was lied too, they had little information and at the end was told i would get a deadlock letter.

If the way to make it look like everything is rosy at Virgin is to say "speak to us" then I`m glad I`ve already started the process of moving all my buisness away from Virgin as its clear NOBODY is listening.

I asked all the questions.....gave opportunities for Virgin to see how wrong this was to no avail.....asking me to go throught it again is ridiculous ( especially as its basically a LIE! - if the contract is no longer being honoured why are some people being allowed to continue just because they are light users of a tariff that promised lifetime multipliers and discounts?)
fabes
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Can Hetty or anyone else on the forum team please advise when I should receive confirmation of the replacement deal agreed with 789 yesterday after increasing from £4.13 to £13 (but then agreeing a substitute £9 SIM deal still on a rolling 30 day)?

0 Kudos