cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile sim

Gnorth
Joining in

I just signed up to a broadband/tv/phoneline package and got an O2 sim included in the deal. At the time I ordered the package I ordered a second sim as well.

2 questions here...

Only one sim has been sent so far, it arrived after a couple of days. Its now been a week. How long can I expect the second sim to arrive or has it possibly been forgotten?

Also, the 2 sims have different data allowance. The first sim to arrive has no info saying which of the 2 it is. How can I tell which is which before I transfer my number across with a pac?

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you order with Virgin direct? I ask because we had a similar post where this was done through a third party.

The SIM cards should be totally different. O2 SIM cards come in a blue packet and are clearly marked O2. Is this what you have got.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Yes I did order through virgin, on the phone at the same time as signing up to the tv and internet package. The included sim is an O2 sim, as well as the additional one I ordered at the same time. The one that arrived is indeed labelled as O2, but I'm unsure as to which of the 2 data plans it is on. I am chasing O2 on it as well but thought Virgin might know if the second sim had been missed from the order or not.

Thanks,

Greg.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Gnorth, 

Thank you for your post.

Once you have answered the above questions, we can determine where to go with this

Gareth_L

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Take one of the O2 SIMs and register it on My O2. That will tell you what plan it is on.

(There is a good My O2 app)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello Gnorth,

Quick message to see if you have any updates yet?

Its been a while since you last posted 

Gareth_L

Hi,

I've not had much luck with this to be fair. 

It would appear only one sim was ordered in the end which is odd, as the gent who organised my switch to virgin specifically requested 2 pac codes to transfer 2 numbers to 2 separate new sims.

I have also not been able to sign into the o2 app which is annoying. O2 tried to rectify that but couldn't, so my case has been escalated and I'm awaiting help with that directly with them.

It was advised I order a separate sim direct from o2, so that is what I'll do.

Thanks all,

Greg. 

Thanks for the update Gnorth.

Have you managed to get in touch with O2 yet?

Gareth_L

Not yet, 

I contacted them again today for an update, was informed the original lady dealing with my issue would have to get back to me. I found this strange as I understood my case had been escalated onto the tech team.

Anyhow, I'm awaiting contact from her now.

To be fair I'm already not impressed I'm tied into this o2 contract to get the benefits of my specific tv/broadband deal. I left o2 years ago thanks to less than competitive pricing combined with poor customer relations. First my extra sim being missed, now not being able to monitor my phone contract thanks to the my o2 app not registering is frustrating.

Price point for tv and broadband brought me over from sky (after 3 years). The broadband is quick with vm, no doubt about that...but I've honestly spent more time trying to rectify issues in my first week with vm than I did in 3 years with sky. I've already decided not to switch my wife's phone contract away from sky (that's what the second sim was for).

🙁

Fingers crossed the app issue is resolved soon. 

Hello Gnorth. 

Any updates yet from O2? 

Gareth_L