cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile sim not connecting to network

Kimi1990
Joining in

This is my second virgin mobile sim card on the oomph package (had to get a new one sent out) However even after over 24 hours, multiple phone restarts, attempt at connecting to the network manually and removing and reinserting the sim it is still not connecting to the network and have got no signal at all.

Not sure what to do or where  we are going wrong. Any advise? Or is this going to be a case of taking it into a virgin shop?

3 REPLIES 3

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kimi1990,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that your 2nd sim card is still not picking up any network signal on your mobile phone.

Can we ask if you have tried the Virgin sim card in any other mobile handset? What handset are you using, and was this provided by Virgin Mobile? 

Have you ever been able to use the sim card before changing to the oomph package?

Unfortumately, we no longer have Virgin Mobile stores, so everything is online or over the phone. We have included a link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile for further help and support. 

Please let me know of the above so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi.  

Hi Jodi,

Thank you for getting back to me.

So basically I have been an oomph member for the past 3 or 4 years. The original sim I never used and decided recently to make use of it seeing as its included in the package. It didn't work (understandably because it was 3 years old). So I got in contact and a new sim was sent out. 

We have tried it in 4 different phones now that are unlocked to all networks and one of which uses a virgin sim I'm general so we know they work in that phone but there isn't even a prompt when turning on the phones to insert a pin to activate the sim or anything.

Kind regards

Kimberley Tomlinson

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for explaining this @Kimi1990.

I will send you a private message now, so I can help you further with this.

Please look out for a purple envelope at the top right of the page.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide