Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile signal

Jayron1
Joining in

Hi 

I live in a rural area of Lincolnshire.

Virgin advertise and confirm a great signal in my area but I can not get a signal here.

My phone has been to the service dept and checked as  ok and functioning.but still no signal.

Any advice as I can only use phone through messanger service on internet.

6 REPLIES 6

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jayron1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your signal.

Have you checked your coverage here

Alex_Rm

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin presently use 2 networks for signal, Vodafone and EE. Virgin's checker only covers Vodafone and is useless if you are on EE. Eventually everyone will be on Vodafone, but depending when you joined this may not yet be the case

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have just been in settings and everything except from virgin is forbidden ,

I used virgins checker for my postcode and it states excellent coverage .

I have three phones on virgin and not one gets a signal.is there a way of boosting a signalin my home I can get 1 bar in a certain position in my bedroom but it means crouching in a certain position against a wall.

From checking the local network and EE masts there aren't any issues showing at the moment Jayron1, due to the location there aren't an abundance of masts in your area but none are currently showing any issues or maintenance.

We have some tips here and here that may help resolve the issue but as you have stated it is across multiple phones it does appear to be a coverage issue. 

Rob

Hi Rob thanks for that the issue I have is Virgin media checker shows excellent coverage in my home they are selling services on that fact .

I indeed have three different phones running as such but non can get a signal and I am tied into a contract with virgin for something I cannot use

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All checkers are produced by the networks which are Vodafone, EE, O2 and three: they are all based on computer predictions which cannot take into account things like trees, house building materials etc. 

All 4 networks say I have excellent coverage at home (not in the sticks) All are wrong. I have coverage but it is not excellent by any means.

Anyway, Virgin's coverage checker is Vodafone, as I said you may be on EE

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks