cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile signal terrible today

Charonicus
Tuning in

Been on virgin mobile for two or three years with no issues. Mobile signal is usually 50% at home and 75-100% once you get out of our street (which is some sort of signal eating deadzone).

As of this morning, I'm getting 0% at home and 0 to 25% when out and about.

Mobile data is running at about 0.2 mbs down 0.05 up when it can connect.

Am I connected 4G, 3G? Nope. We're on E right now, it's that weak. I didn't even know it went as low as E.

Naturally the first thing I did was restart my device when I noticed it as I left the house this morning and dropped off the wifi. Restarted again at work a few times just in case it would magically solve anything. Now I'm back home and it's still bad. The virgin service status thing doesn't have any info on mobile, just home services so can't tell if there's any problems in my area (Grimsby). Not really sure how to chase this up further so here I am.

Pics to show bad signal. Tried running a speedtest but can't even get it to connect. Obviously works fine if I move onto wifi, thankfully.

virginmobilesignal.pngScreenshot_20220309-185132.png

15 REPLIES 15

It connected to Virgin as far as the phone reports (although as evidenced in an earlier post, the actual network operator code points to Vodafone)

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Charonicus wrote:

It connected to Virgin as far as the phone reports (although as evidenced in an earlier post, the actual network operator code points to Vodafone)

The phone will always report Virgin but your signal coming from Vodafone. 

Why the team ask people if they are connected to EE or Vodafone is a mystery as most customers have no way of telling!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's also weird this began yesterday, the day O2 started maintenance in the area, the same day EE began reporting problems in the area. I know vodafone is a core provider but is it possible they piggyback their signals in more rural areas?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Vodafone and O2 mast share in many areas.  EE and Three do the same. However, in the government drive for better rural coverage there will be more sharing between all the networks.

If you travel out of the area and you signal improves then it is a local problem

If you go back the the Vodafone coverage checker then pan out on the map you may see sites under maintenance shown

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

tb49
On our wavelength

yes, for the last 2yrs, my signal keeps cutting off, the very intelligent tech advisors should take a pay cut/get another job, no other agents car a monkeys, as the same with management. the only reason i put up with the crap service is the cheap monthly price, must be because its a cheap and nasty signal transmission, ah well thats how the bosses make their money isnt it

Hi @tb49,

Thank you for your post. I am very sorry to hear you're having some ongoing issues with your mobile signal.

I can see that my colleague responded to you yesterday about your mobile service issues but are yet to receive a reply. If you get back to us there and the questions my colleague has asked, we can then proceed from there in assisting you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!