cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile signal has vanished

springer64
On our wavelength

Problem with our Virgin Mobile signal here at home - began around a week ago when my signal on Android went from full strength down to one bar, very occasionally two. My wife's iPhone went from full strength to no signal at all. Out & about - both fine, strong signal. We picked VM specifically because their network worked well here at home, unlike others eg. O2, which needed a BoostBox when I was on their service with work. Called CS, but of course all they can say is that our postcode is showing a good service. Something has definitely changed, but how to find out what??

It's rendered my wife's phone unusable and mine not far behind. I'd hate to move networks as we've been with VM for years, but it's looking like a switch to EE which we know works well here.

10 REPLIES 10

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you know if you have both been moved off EE and onto Vodafone?

The other scenario is you are still on EE and there is a network fault but CS are looking at Vodafone!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi springer64

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the signal issues. I'd like to help further so I'll go ahead and send you a PM now.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

springer64
On our wavelength

Thanks, but how would we know if we've been moved?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@springer64 wrote:

Thanks, but how would we know if we've been moved?

If you do a manual network search Vodafone will be missing (Replaced by Virgin) and EE will be visable

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

springer64
On our wavelength

No, still got Virgin & Vodafone showing. No EE.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK then try here

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

Put in your post code and a phone type and use the Check Status button

springer64
On our wavelength

Sorry, I'm confused now. That just tells me that there's a strong EE network signal here, which I knew anyway. Doesn't explain why our two phones on VM have lost signal.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you press Check Status That tells you if there is presently a problem or not.

My wife and my own phones signals have completely dropped out in the last couple of days.