Menu
yorrick46
Just joined
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile phone recycling - complaint

sent 2 damaged items and 1 working item at the end of august, received payment for the damaged items a couple of weeks later but still havent received payment for the working phone, keep messaging them initially they said they'd got a back log now they're not even answering my messages.  It's a joke, would defintalely not recommend this service, wish i'd read the threads on here 1st as its obviously an ongoing issue.  Virgin should change the company they use, west one is obviously not offering an efficient service and i wouldn't want to be associated with them if I was virgin

Moderator (Retired) Stephen_B
Moderator (Retired)
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi yorrick46,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting through to our recycling team.

Have you managed to get hold of the recycling team to get this looked into. You can call the team on 0345 413 7137. Mon – Fri 08:00-18:00 . The team have advised they are very busy at the moment processing these requests but hope to get them done as soon as possible.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Region20
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded Phone last month to Samsung S8 and returned old phone for cash back deal.

No acknowledgement phone had been received - phoned Virgin Mobile who put me in touch with Virgin Recycle who confirmed phone had been received and I would get an email/txt at the end of last week to confirm when cash back would be paid to me.  No email/txt as promised and have tried all day to call for an update 0345 4137 137 - no answer

How do I get this matter resolved without having to spend all my time chasing up !

0 Kudos
Region20
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Finally got through today at 2.30pm - they put me on hold for 10 mins then said they would chase up their accounts team and I should hear back in a week - I asked they send a confirmation they had received phone and claim as per T&C's of offer - they said hang on they were putting me on hold - waited 10 mins and then they cut me off - really poor customer service - an apology would be nice

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Region20,

I'm sorry that you have had difficulties getting your recycling payment and that your call was disconnected when you rang in on Monday. There is currently a large backlog that the team are working through, so there is a delay in payment processing at this time.

You can contact the recycling team to chase this up again, as information on your recycled handset is not linked to your current account, so I'm unable to provide an update on this. I can, however, note your dissatisfaction with this, but will need to take more details. For this, I will send you a private message, so just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
Krease
Joining in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I think this is disgusting customer service to be honest and I'd never treat my customers I deal with daily like this. I to am waiting on a payment which i should of had Monday at the latest according to the email i was sent. 

"There is currently a large backlog that the team are working through, so there is a delay in payment processing at this time".

The above makes no sense as when I search this joke of a service called virgin recycling all I see is people being told lies or rubbish to keep them waiting. If they can't keep up with payments being made etc then don't tell people it will be 1 day or 3 at the most when people are waiting a month plus that's the worst kind of customer service it's in emails, on the website and in text messages this needs to be altered or pay in time stated.

Also what I don't understand is how I can send a phone to them and they receive it, check/test it in less then 2 days send me a message saying payment will be made now but someone can't simply click a button to pay me the money hmmmmm. I think they are cowboys who get the phones and sell them on then once they have the funds send to us.

If I'd of known this was the case I'd never of sent my phone to these guys I should of got my note 9 upgrade from you like I did but gone to cex with my old phone tested and paid in under 2hours.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Krease, thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear of the delay with this payment.

Have you had this payment come through now?

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
riverclinic
Joining in
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile phone recycling - long delay in paying

Sent my iPhone x to the so called Virgin recycle service back in November and had helpful messages reporting progress including a message that looked like a direction to a bank.. it wasn't and despite reassurances that it would be paid quickly - it has taken until today 2.5 months later to get my money.. It entailed sending first a text to Virgin complaining - receiving a text from Virgin saying it wass nothing to do with them - call the recycling firm.. Called them and took he name of person answering phone who promised to get back to me.... She didn't so several hours later I called the number and asked for the person by name... this seems to have thrown them.. put through to the person who then said she would make a call.... while I waited... she told me it would be paid by end of day and would call me....she did call and the money - £570 was credited to my bank account.   So much for the service offered by Virgin - its rubbish and you are best going somewhere else if you want to sell your old phone and get the moment for it without jumping through many many hoops.

0 Kudos