cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile numbers being changed to Belgium

cinderellaballe
Tuning in

I tried to call a contact with Uk mobile number . Got a Belgium voicemail saying it was unavailable . Tried to text the Virgin text messaging service and the number was mysterious also changed to a + 32 number . So I cannot even contact the helpline 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Because Virgin SIM cards are programed by Proximals of Belgium and iOS gets confused for some reason

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Bet its a iPhone

Goto

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National.

If National is not there choose Virgin

Reboot the phone afterwards 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

cinderellaballe
Tuning in

Thank you I have  done as you suggested but I am still really puzzled why it should convert the number - it is not just that it is adding a country prefix to it - it is changing the whole number which is weird 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Because Virgin SIM cards are programed by Proximals of Belgium and iOS gets confused for some reason

Thanks for the insight, Enlii…

…however, what’s the resolution to this?

Thanks for your post @SteveECrane, and a very warm welcome to you.

Have you attempted the fix that @enlli provided earlier in the thread;

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National.

If National is not there choose Virgin

Reboot the phone afterwards 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Yes, David_Bn, I performed the steps a moment ago and it appears to have worked!  Thank you.

Sorry for not responding sooner - I've been ill and not up to much for the past few days!!!

Kind regards,

Steve.

Great to hear this has helped Steve,

Hope you're feeling better 🙂

Alex_Rm

JenA0605
Joining in

Hello

Im just looking to find out how I can obtain a refund for a call made to Belgium please? I called a previously dialed number already stored in my phone and a confused lady in Belgium answered my call! I was trying to call my vets and upon looking at the number, the dialing code was changed to +32! I have followed the steps on this thread to rectify this within my phone (thank you) but I’m struggling to find out how to contact virgin for a refund if anyone has any suggestions? 

thank you

jen 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JenA0605,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. 

Can you tell us if you have an iPhone at all? As this is a known iPhone issue where some numbers are input in the wrong format.

Please let me know if you can.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs