cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile number not transferred

Joneslis
Joining in

I have just switched to Virgin Mobile from Vodafone. My number was supposed to be transferred yesterday and it this has not happened. In addition, I cannot make any outgoing calls with the SIM card Virgin Mobile sent me. I called the technical helpline yesterday and I was assured that that the switch was going through as planned and that my inability to make outgoing calls was a temporary problem related to the switch. I have tried calling today, but cannot get through to anyone. I am considering cancelling my contract due to the poor service I have received so far. Please advise. Thank you 

8 REPLIES 8

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Joneslis,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your sim switch over. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. 

I have been able to access your account using forum details and I can see the switch over is still taking place on the sim. Please allow for a further 24 hrs for the switch over to be complete. Also please do reboot your device to check if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your speedy response, however I have just spoken to one of the supervisors on the technical team, who has advised me that the delay is due to a network issue and it is possible that this will not be resolved until the end of the month! This leaves me in an impossible predicament, as the switch has already started and I have been told that I will lose my old number if I cancel my contract. Virgin Mobile should not be taking on new customers who wish to port their old numbers under these circumstances!!

Thank you for letting me know @Joneslis

We truly apologise for this experience on behalf of our team. Did our team provide an alternative resolution in regards to this? Were any further steps given? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Thanks for your reply. I was told that I would be supplied with an alternative SIM for the duration, so that I can at least make outgoing calls and that I would be called within an hour to arrange this with me. That was at 12pm. It is now 1.30pm and I have not yet been called

Thank you for letting me know @Joneslis.

I apologise on behalf of our team in regards to the delay in call-back. Just to confirm, were you due to speak to a manager? Is this in regards to a complaint about the sim issue?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

To clarify, I am unable to make outgoing calls on my new Virgin Mobile SIM. Apparently this is because the process to port my previous Vodafone number has started, but is now stuck due to an ongoing network issue. The manager offered me an additional SIM to enable me to make calls whilst I am waiting for the switch to complete (which may not happen until the end of this month!). He said he would get someone to call me within an hour to arrange this. I have still not been contacted. 

Thank for clarifying this @Joneslis.

In this case, I have sent you a private message to best help regarding this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved @Joneslis.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team