cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile number not transferred properly

sarah0402
Just joined
I transferred from Giffgaff to Virgin in December taking my old number with me. I completed the steps required with the #PAC code which has now expired and my old sim says no service. I seemingly thought everything was fine as I have been receiving some calls. However, it seems that the transfer has not been properly completed as friends/relatives have struggled to contact me on my number. When I try to call them, sometimes it comes up with my name, other times it comes up with a different number. It seems that the transfer has not been properly completed. 

I seem to be getting calls and sending texts from both numbers and I would like to only use my old number. 
1 REPLY 1

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sarah0402,
Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm very sorry to hear that your number was not transferred correctly. I can understand how frustrating this can be.

I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. I will send you a Private Message to confirm some details on your account, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs