cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile number not switched

olivia_lyon
Joining in

My family and I switched broadbands from BT to Virgin and I was given my new SIM card nearly a month ago. I was told that my old phone number would port over if I followed all the steps which I did and I even received an automated text saying my PAC has been confirmed and that they were all done switching, so I assumed it was all okay. However, my settings have just notified me saying that I’ll be losing my old number for the new one given in 3 days! I’ve tried to resolve this issue myself but I can’t find a way to stop it. Additionally, anyone who calls me comes up with just their number displayed so I don’t know who they are until I answer them and all my contacts say “Maybe:(persons name)”. I really don’t want to lose my old number so if you could help me out that would be great.

Thank you 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You might also want to check with Sky

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @olivia_lyon,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're facing some issues with a mobile port. If the port has completed successfully then your number with your previous provider will have moved across to our network and when you call it then the handset with the Virgin Mobile SIM card inside of it would ring. Is that the case?

In regards to the "Maybe:" issue that you've mentioned, can you confirm which model of handset you have?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!