cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile network showing O2 UK

rahmm460
Joining in

Hello, I've been with Virgin Mobile for 2 years now and today I've noticed my mobile network showing as O2 UK instead of Virgin and I'm no longer getting a 5G connection, only 4G. Does anyone know what going on? 

Screenshot_20220710-130652_Chrome.jpg

21 REPLIES 21

Does the O2 service status give any reason for a coverage concern if your area? You can check this here. Do you have the same coverage issues in other locations? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

So far everywhere I’ve been I’ve had coverage issues this is backed up by the 02 coverage checker advises lot of users in the area meaning the service is slow

really unimpressed I moved from virgin to 02 three years ago due to coverage issues 

Sorry from 02 to virgin haha

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will send you over a private message - just to make you aware, we're not able to guarantee a 100% fix with this. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Morbeous
On our wavelength

Since being moved to O2 I no longer get 5G coverage at home, at work or when I’m out. When my contract is up for renewal I will be taking either Vodafone or EE as they both give 5G coverage in my area. O2 is awful. I would never choose O2 as my network provider and now it’s being forced on me. Sorry Virgin this is one major **bleep** up from you 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced Morbeous,

Welcome back to the community.

Can I ask when did you notice the change in the service? Also are both your data and calls affected?

Regards,

Kain

Morbeous
On our wavelength

I noticed the change within the last 2 days. My calls drop quite often and my mobile data often won’t work unless I go in and out of airplane mode. This for me is unacceptable. I have also missed several important phone calls. As after I have gone in and out of airplane mode answerphone messages arrive. There is a reason I refuse to use O2 and now Virgin have forced them onto me. I will be leaving virgin due to this 

Hi @Morbeous thanks a lot for your reply - I can appreciate your frustrations here so I do apologise.

I see you have mentioned some of the steps previously advised above, but not trying the SIM in an alternative device - would you be able to try this please to see if we can rule out a device issue here?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Morbeous
On our wavelength

It not a device issue as I have tried my partners Vodafone sim already and 5G works perfectly with that. It’s an O2 issue and the reason as I said before I don’t want o2. I will be phoning customer services to complain about this. I also have my TV and Broadband with you but not for much longer it seems unless I’m offered a good deal to keep them minus the mobile 

Hi @Morbeous thanks for your reply once more.

Does the link here help at all, it might allow you to check O2's coverage and inform you if there are any outages or masts being worked on in your area that may cause these problems?

Many thanks

Tom_W