Menu
vskk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Mobile insurance asking for information

Hi,

My phone was stolen and I now need evidence to provide to my mobile insurance company. 

They are requesting the following:

"Proof of usage for your handset:  We require proof from your network that your handset has been used, showing the dates of both first and last use. This documentation will need to contain your IMEI number and details of the last time of use. (Please note, we are unable to accept a phone bill as proof of usage, as this does not document the handset’s unique IMEI reference)."

I have rang Virgin Media 3 times:

1st call: Person on the phone they will send an email within 5 days its been 2 weeks i have not received anything.

2nd call: They are saying they cannot provide this. 

3rd & 4th: Same old rubbish as the 2nd call. 

This is absolutely unacceptable. You Virgin Media should be able to provide this data in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

Please get back to me ASAP.

0 Kudos
vskk
Tuning in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile insurance asking for information

I have also raised a formal complaint regarding this matter, the reference number is: COM103078078
I spoke with: ROSH who was very unhelpful.

Funny enough your customer service representative ROSH was not able to find my IMEI number but calling back soon after and speaking to another they were.

I am writing this post live and current as speak to your representative who is unable to "give me the details" I have now asked for my rightful subject access request and have been on hold and got cut off.
0 Kudos
vskk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am now on the phone again with another representative LISA. Who has put me on hold this is an absolute disgrace.
0 Kudos
vskk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Still on hold.......
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

vm staff take about a week to reply. if you keep posting you will delay that more

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
vskk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

she has absolutely no idea what I am requesting. Still on the phone been on hold more than having a conversation. After being on hold she says she can do it and will send me something...only to be a proof of purchase document. Which is not what I am after!

Virgin Mobile be sure an ombudsman complaint is coming your way if you refuse to give me these details.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

its been said before that VM can only give prove of the IMEI number if the phone was bought from VM
where did you get your phone from?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Mobile/Proof-of-Usage-required-am-despera...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Proof-of-usage-for-insurance-claim-last-chance-be...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Proof-of-Usage-SIM-only-contract/m-p/3669269#M105...

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
vskk
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Its been 2 weeks. 

And I know this is not the case.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

well a search on the forum shows otherwise. see the first 3 threads i found with a search

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
vskk
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I did not buy from VM and that should not matter for the information i am requesting.

But I do not need the IMEI from them this is not the information I am requesting. (FYI gave them the IMEI number of the stolen phone when i bought it so they do have it)

The information I am requesting is mentioned in the original post in italics.

I just spoke to another representative (6th time lucky) and straight away asked for the Subject Access Request of the information i need (in italics on original post) and its being processed and should be with me. 

If they are unable to fulfill this request - I will surely be exhausting all areas of complaints right through to the ombudsman.  

0 Kudos