cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile family group

Jeff_Reeves
On our wavelength

I have a mobile family group with 4 members and I wish to cancel one of them - how do I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jeff,

A STAC will just mean that you can change provider and not take your number with you. If you're not changing providers we can just cancel the SIM you don't want anymore. You get an extra £2 discount for each sim you have after the first, so you would just lose a £2 discount.

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jeff_Reeves,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, if you wish to cancel and the person who uses the number wishes to take it else where then you can request a PAC Code or if you just want it cancelling a STAC Code?

once the number is ported or cancelled this will come off your family plan making space for another number.

regards

Paul.

Thank you Paul,

That is partly what I needed but does STAC reduce my group from 4 to 3 reducing my monthly charge? I don't want to go on paying for a mobile I don't have.

Regards

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

A STAC will just mean that you can change provider and not take your number with you. If you're not changing providers we can just cancel the SIM you don't want anymore. You get an extra £2 discount for each sim you have after the first, so you would just lose a £2 discount.

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi Ayisha_B,

Thank you for your very clear reply.

I wish to cancel the SIM for [MOD EDIT: REMOVED] from my mobile family group with account number [MOD EDIT: REMOVED] I am the account holder.

Kind regards

Jeff_Reeves

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jeff_Reeves 

Bad Idea to post a phone number and ac no on an open forum.

The team here can't cancel anyway. You will need to ring in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jeff_Reeves
On our wavelength

Yes I understand. I thought I had been asked by a member of the ForumTeam for details - there was nothing about phoning in or which number to call. The number has been out of use for some time.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Normally they request it by private message

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jeff_Reeves
On our wavelength

Thank you enlli. Yes I know about private messaging and have used it on other topics. On those occasions the messaging was instigated by the Forum Team member. I accept I should have done that on this occasion. 

I have come to this forum because it can be difficult to get things done through the VM websites. For example I can add new members to my mobile family group but there are no procedures to cancel one of them using the Virgin Mobile website.

Worse still I was shut out of the VM websites for some time. My password was being rejected because I was using Safari on my Apple iMac. I can now login to VM only by using Firefox while I access dozens of other websites by password using Safari. Does that make any sense to you?

Hi Jeff, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

We're not able to cancel a plan via the Forum. You would need to speak to our Mobile Care team. You can reach them on 0345 600 0789. 

Let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team