cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile dongle

Rstevenson1
Joining in

I have a mobile WiFi dongle but can’t register the account as it keeps saying it’s sent a code to the phone number but it’s not a mobile 

Any help 

2 REPLIES 2

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Rstevenson1, thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear you've had this problem when trying to register a mobile account for your dongle. To be honest I wasn't aware that the registration involved codes being sent to mobile numbers I thought it was all done by email.

Let's have a look and see what we can do to help get this cleared up for you - just get back to me via PM please (the purple envelope icon) and we'll take it from there.

Tom

sjp123
Problem sorter

Hopefully this helps a bit...

If it's an SMS text that you've been sent, you may be able to locate it by logging on to the dongle from a browser following the instructions, hopefully, provided with the device. Usually by entering the devices IP address - numeric characters - xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (e.g. 192.168.99.99) watch out for spaces after the "dot" as it can be handled as a puncuation full stop.

Been a few years since I've played with such a beast but once I jumped onto my mother in laws Huawei dongle, it was an easy job from there