cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data

CraigJohnson
Tuning in

Hi - I've recently switched to Virgin after 25 years with Voda. Now when I drive into Manchester I lose my 4g & 5g signal, also have to manually switch to 3g to get anything at all. Have tried going through all settings with Virgin help, to no avail. If this carries on I'll be looking to return the device. (Xperia 1 iii). Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's going to be an issue with the cell tower not the phone. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's going to be an issue with the cell tower not the phone. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks, any ideas why the phone isn't automatically switching down to 3g or is it the same problem?

It is set to  all the preferred networks.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This has cropped up before. I seem to remembering the same round Picadilly Gardens

Ok, whose infrastructure does Virgin use? I have heard conflicting reports... Some say Voda for 5g, O2 for 4g.... Then everyone soon to be on Voda?

Thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have working 5G then everything is handled by Vodafone. 

Older, none 5G contracts can be on EE but are slowly being moved across to Vodafone