Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mobile data used when data roam switched off

I’m having issues with my data plan depleting even tho I’ve now switched off mobile data on my phone! Is this a common problem??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile data used when data roam switched off

There's 2 aspects of turning data off - one where it isn't allowed to be used if WiFi is weak or drops out or another is them switching it off completely. Which aspect did you go for on the handset? 

It wouldn't be possible for it to be depleting without it being used on the SIM in question.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They are both off!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you had it on at all since the refresh date? As the SIM wouldn't deplete the amount by mistake as far as we're aware. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’ve turned it on a couple of times when out away from WiFi  to do things but then turn it off again for the reason of checking the useage. The date time stamps on my useage chart are sometimes very late at night when I’m at home so I know it’s not switched on!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming it does sound quite odd, we're not sure of anything on our end that would use data when you've switched it fully off.

Have you double checked in the handset settings that there's nothing which may be switching this back on at the times you've seen?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not sure how I would check if something was switching it back on.. I’ve just checked my data useage and again last night it has useage on the hour every hour from midnight! 
it’s frustrating as I’ve not had this issue before it’s only since I’ve switched to virgin and changed my handset to a iPhone se 2020!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You need to check your cellular data usage on your phone. You can see  a breakdown by application. That should pinpoint any rogue applications.

Once you have zero everything then keep an eye out the next day.

Also double check WiFi Assist is off as it will kick in during long periods of none use.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As the SIM automatically updates this information the data must have been turned on around that time.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos