cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data speed in Leyton

stantonattree
Tuning in

I recently signed up for unlimited data package so that I can video stream for work.  I'm shocked to see that I am not even getting 4g in Leyton, just H+!  The download speed in just over 2mbps and the upload speed is much worse.  Is this a wide ranging issue in Leyton or just the street I am on?  Is there a solution provided by Virgin for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looking at my checker there seems to be a fault as mentioned yesterday but also 2 other masts undergoing maintenance.

That said it gives an all clear to your postcode.

I suspect this may well be network reconfiguring. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Mobile data speeds are not guaranteed by any operator. There are too many variables affecting reception.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

cje85
Trouble shooter

If you've just signed up to Virgin Mobile you will probably be using Vodafone.

It's hard to say without a more precise location but in general Leyton looks well served by 4G, there are a lot of masts in the area and most of them transmit on multiple bands too, so coverage should be good (even indoors).

I can see on the Vodafone checker that there is a problem with a mast at E10 5BY which is perhaps affecting your service if that is close to you.

That's a useful answer.  Thank you.  I'm at E10 6PQ.

Hi stantonattree,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Mobile data speed. 

I have taken a look on our side and have been able to locate your account. 

Can you confirm if the Mobile data speed issue is happening in different area's? 

Can you confirm if this happening both inside and outside of a property?

^Martin

Thanks Martin.  Well, I am now getting a Virgin 5g signal - I was getting an unusual H+ connection yesterday.  But the speeds still aren't great - especially for video conferencing.

I'm getting a maximum of around 8 Mbps download and less than 3 upload.  This is inside the house - where I need to work.  The speeds are better in the centre of Leyton.

The signal is very weak and the speeds are much lower at the back of the house.

Ah, it's back to H+ again.  I spoke too soon.  1.18 Mbps download and 0.21 Mbps upload - almost non-existent service.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looking at my checker there seems to be a fault as mentioned yesterday but also 2 other masts undergoing maintenance.

That said it gives an all clear to your postcode.

I suspect this may well be network reconfiguring. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Screenshot_20210914-181850.png

I can't even join my family on a Zoom call.  I'm isolated on the middle of London.  I don't understand why the service is so poor.

I really hope there is a fault that's being fixed.